fot

Re: [Fot] TR3 Block - boat anchor?

To: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@mccarty-law.com>, <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR3 Block - boat anchor?
From: "Mark Eginton" <mee23@cornell.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 10:37:28 -0500
Thanks Scott eg.al.,

Bill B, Joe A and my old buddy Jim P have talked me through salvaging my
original block - Turns out the braising came right off and the fix is easy.
Found other cracks to fret about but the solution goes something like;
Babcock "...yup, thats the way they all look - just drill it...".

I could use a lead on the longer threaded ARP head bolt studs for deeper
holes in the block but I have moved on to my next issue; the movers lost
several boxes and I discovered its gonna cost me a set con rods and pistons.

Looking for a rebuildable set rods and thoughts on pistons. I found some JE
forged pistons for $210 in England, otherwise I can go with Vict Brit cast
ones 87mm for about $200 plus shipping in both cases.

Comments??? Its great to have this project underway - thanks to all for the
sage advice...

Best regards,