fot

Re: [Fot] Testing an engine

To: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Testing an engine
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 05:54:18 -1000
It's always a nervous time, but containment isn't really necessary. I
have a heavy engine/transmission stand that I built to run motors. It
mounts the motor and transmission just as it would be in a car. I use
a two gallon jug of water for the coolant with a pickup pipe that
goes to the bottom of the jug and the outlet pipe that runs to the
top. Works fine as long as you don't get carried away. It's really
handy to run the motor outside the car for a few minutes, especially
to get the oiling system primed (I use an oil drive shaft in a drill
running backwards). Of course you have to do it all again once the
engine is in the car to get the oil cooler and accusump full.

Bill Babcock
billb@bnj.com

www.bnj.com  Website for Babcock & Jenkins, a direct and interactive
agency

Click here to Subscribe to Ponohouse  -- living and playing in Maui.
Or paste this in your browser: http://feeds.feedburner.com/PonoHouse

Click here to Subscribe to AllAluminumTour  -- touring and racing
classic North American tracks in Nero, a custom Airstream trailer.
http://feeds.feedburner.com/AllAluminumTour