fot

[Fot] Winter???

To: <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Winter???
From: Gasket Works USA <gasket.works@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 21:45:39 -0600 (CST)
Here in Bradbury, the horses get blankets nightly with two blankets many eves.
(ever hear of three dog night?) two blankets is below the frost line.   We lost
our banana tree but, the fruit trees are happy with the cold bolt.   Avocados
not a problem as they are filled with good oil.  The south facing ornamentals
seemed to do worse and are brown outs.   The grass is quite dormant so the JD
mower is quiet.  Interestingly though and quite unusual... I have tomatoes
growing and some are mature...  I don't get that at all.
All the berries are quite, but, Navels and grapefruit are in as well as the
lemons.  Pomegranets are finnished a couple of months back and Guavas froze
dead three weeks ago.   A smattering few hardy strawberries are so sweet that
it makes you wonder.  Chili peppers are quiet.  Pluots, apricots, peaches are
hopefully brewing for the spring and early, late  summer.

Steers are happy and putting on weight -got some different feed and they like
it.  Last steer rendered about one month ago dressed out at 918lbs hanging. No
hormones nor Antibiotics. Marbled at less than prime but, better than choice.
Best darn burgers.

M.N.Dunst
Gasket Works USA, LLC
gmt-8 Pacific time