fot

[Fot] Gauges Sets?

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Gauges Sets?
From: "Robert D. MacKenzie" <dodo@texas.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 21:50:41 -0600
As you all may remember, I am in the process of
building/restoring/re-building a 1962 Spitfire Mk1 race car.  The
project is going very well.  I have reassembled the rear suspension and
overhauled the brakes (although the master has since developed a nasty
leak - but that's another project. Currently the car is at Cutting Edge
Racing in San Antonio getting a new roll cage with side bars as well as
new Kerkey vintage style seats.

One issue I have been struggling with is that of the instrumentation and
wiring.

I want to re-create the look and feel of the original car with a
tachometer and gauge set in the center panel of the dashboard.  I plan
to keep it very simple and hoped to just have two large gauges, the
tachometer and a combo oil pressure/oil temp/water temp gauge

I have looked at several catalogs and web-sites and can't seem to find
just what I am looking for.  Auto Meter has the closest to what I had in
mind but I am looking for some direction from the group on other options
and where to source sending units for the various temps and pressures.

Also, I want to install the external electrical shut-off switch as
required by most race clubs.  Any sources on that particular item would
also be appreciated.

Robert MacKenzie
62 Spitfire Mk1 (Race)
79 Spitfire 1500 (Street)