fot

Re: [Fot] The Fast and the Furious

To: billsohl@optonline.net, chris@tr4-racing.de, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] The Fast and the Furious
From: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 19:47:10 -0400
>About 2 years ago, you could find the original Fast & Furious in the $1 DVD
>bins at Walmart.
>I picked up about 20 over time and gave them to car friends.  The footage
>is
>incredible and the story is totally B grade drive-in movie material.
>
>I still have two unopenned ones.
>
>Cheers,
>Bill Sohl

When Biography did Roger Corman's life, he talked about this film. I think
he said that it was only about the second film one he made. He said that
they didn't hire stunt drivers; the crew drove the cars themselves. Corman
said that he was driving a Jag and that the scene called for Corman to slow
down in a turn so a Porsche could pass him, but that the pass didn't occur
in the first cut because Corman didn't slow down enough.

Well time must dim memories because in that scene, Corman is driving a TR2
or 3 and is passed by a Jowett Jupiter!

Bet he had to slow a lot for that scene!

John