fot

Re: [Fot] Roller life

To: Jim Cun <jimcun2001@yahoo.com.au>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Roller life
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 16:06:46 -0700
I assume you mean flat tappets, or are you just asking about solid
versus hydraulic lifters?

If you mean flat tappets I don't think it will work very well. Roller
cams ground for roller lifters take advantage of the tight curve of
the roller to move the lifter quickly at the beginning of the opening
cycle. You need more ramp with a flat tappet. I think you'd have
serious wear problems. Might get away with using a ceramic lifter.

If you mean using solid vs. Hydraulics, then it depends again on how
the cam was ground. Some cams are ground with a really radical
initial ramp expecting the excessive acceleration to be taken up by
the hydraulic lifter.

Why would you want to use a roller cam with flat lifters
Bill Babcock
billb@bnj.com
bnj  Website for Babcock & Jenkins, a direct and interactive agency

You can subscribe to my Blogs
Via email:
All Aluminum Tour: Touring and racing classic North American tracks.
http://www.feedblitz.com/f/?Sub=168395
Ponohouse : Living and playing in Maui. http://www.feedblitz.com/f/?
Sub=168304

or Via RSS