fot

Re: [Fot] Straight cut timing gear set

To: Jim Cun <jimcun2001@yahoo.com.au>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Straight cut timing gear set
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 06:43:53 -0700
I've had the pleasure of buying two of them--the second one when my
gearbox dropped onto the track at 120+ mph. Fortunately I bought both
before the dollar became as valuable as yesterday's newspaper. They
sure are nice, but they sure do make a lot of noise. The main reason
for having them is NOT the shifting, it's the frictional loss. It's
more than you'd guess, you can even see the difference with the
crudest of measurements. For example, the stock gearbox gets very hot
during a race, the straight cut is hardly warm to the touch.

Bill Babcock
billb@bnj.com
bnj  Website for Babcock & Jenkins, a direct and interactive agency

You can subscribe to my Blogs
Via email:
All Aluminum Tour: Touring and racing classic North American tracks.
http://www.feedblitz.com/f/?Sub=168395
Ponohouse : Living and playing in Maui. http://www.feedblitz.com/f/?
Sub=168304

or Via RSS