fot

Re: [Fot] Window nets?

To: <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Window nets?
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 15:50:29 -0500
Another mounting tip: if at all possible, the net should connect to
the roll bar, not the car body.

In my rollover, the window net, which was attached to the drivers
door and the roof of the car, was totally ineffective.  Only my death
grip on the steering wheel prevented bad things from occurring.  When
the car stopped, the door was opened against the front fender, and
the roof was flapping in the wind.  Not a bad idea to do arm
restraints in addition to the window net.

- Tony