fot

[Fot] Fwd: Re: Bad Time

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Fwd: Re: Bad Time
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 07:32:24 -0500
I recently found the same thing, and have stopped using the dial back
timing light.  I put an extra mark on my pulley at 30 degrees.

In my case, the cause is an ignition system that sends and extra
(unneeded) spark to each cylinder during the exhaust stroke.

This causes an actual advance of 28 degrees to appear to be well over
50 degrees on the dial back timing light.

I have no idea why you would have that effect with your ignition
setup.  It seems that a double spark confuses the timing light.

- Tony