fot

Re: [Fot] Bad Time

To: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@McCarty-Law.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Bad Time
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 08:19:47 -0700 (PDT)
Scott: Being an electronic engineer I'll tell you a secret...those lights with
the dial in the handle rarely read correctly when new, and time just degrades
them. Mark the pulley! Secondly, if you are using an inductive light and solid
core wires you are picking up adjacent plugs firing. I love solid core wires,
but they seem to make the more sensitive electronic add-on's react strangely.
Rev limiters go nuts, MSD's don't work right, and inductive lights pick-up
adjacent plugs. I have been using a 35+ year old timing light that hooks
directly to the plug. No stray noise pick-up. I will say that I have stopped
using solid core wires when using sensitive electronics. Thanks - Ed

"Barr, Scott" <sbarr@McCarty-Law.com> wrote:
edwardbarnard@prodigy.net
Fot mailing list
Fot@autox.team.net