fot

Re: [Fot] EGT readings

To: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@McCarty-Law.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] EGT readings
From: "Russ Moore" <rem9@frontiernet.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 17:10:46 -0400
I target 1350 but only at the end of a straight, Anything else I ignore.
When I ran stock pistons 1400 degrees was the fear point. Your situation may
be different. This was on a 1296 Spitfire comfortable at 7800+ rpm and we
ran a 34 degree total advance with twin HS-4 SUs.
I run a thermister on pipes 1 and 4 of the headers and can see immediately
if the carbs are not in perfect synch.