fot

Re: [Fot] Carb Mounting

To: vintage.racer@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Carb Mounting
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 02:30:39 GMT
Yes, remove the stock fiber spacer.  I have the weber soft mounts isolating my
SU's too, but am not using a heat shield, so I can't help you there.   I
installed longer studs to make this work.  I think I had to elongate the holes
on the O-ring plates.  It is ok that the plate only catches 2 studs, since
they are diagonally opposite  You are not tightining the nuts down tight, so
that isssue is a non-issue  Use nyloc nuts to keep them from vibrating loose.
Joe(B)

-- "Gary" <vintage.racer@comcast.net> wrote:
Hello:

I have acquired a set of Weber Carb "soft mounts", ie, thin metal plate with
rubber O rings on each side, to help reduce the vibration getting to the SU
carbs on my TR4 racer.  Questions:  do these replace the normal 1/4" thick,
hard material, carb insulators?  Since the soft mount only has two bolt
holes,
what should be used as a spacer for the other two carb bolts?  I have one of
Joe Alexander's heat shields for the carbs, should this go directly against
the intake manifold with the soft mount on top or vica versa?  Thanks.

Gary
1962 Flying Brick
1969 TR6
jaboruch@netzero.net