fot

Re: [Fot] Can radial and bias race tires be mixed successfully?

To: <BillDentin@aol.com>, <jimhearn1@comcast.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Can radial and bias race tires be mixed successfully?
From: "Russ Moore" <rem9@frontiernet.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 18:10:16 -0400
Well, I watched Mike Jackson run his TR-3 at Mosport a couple of years ago
on one radial and one bias on the rear axle. Seems he was lean on good
rubber and reverted to whatever he had. I cannot confirm or reject the rumor
he was racing on a trailer spare............He was still damn fast. Of
course I think Mike could run on the bare rims and still outrun many of us!
I was in a state of amazement!
FWIW

Russ Moore