fot

Re: [Fot] Can radial and bias race tires be mixed successfully?

To: <BillDentin@aol.com>, <jimhearn1@comcast.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Can radial and bias race tires be mixed successfully?
From: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 17:28:30 -0700
 People actually do this all the time, I know most of the poopers run Hoosiers
on the back and avons on the front. But it takes a lot of fiddling to make
that work: tire pressure, camber, and sometimes toe. You seem more like a
"show up and drive" kind of guy. I don't think you're likely to put in the
effort to make that work. there's about a twenty percent chance it will feel
okay to you. Be sure to bring backup tires the first time.