fot

Re: [Fot] Those bare metal Triumph accelerators

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Those bare metal Triumph accelerators
From: "Marx Christian tr4-racing" <chris@tr4-racing.de>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 16:02:04 +0200
hmmmm thought about that too but dropped that idea speedly after a short
test.
The troublesome thing is "going on throttle". With much grip on the pedal
surface the pedal don't slip smoothly along the shoe anymore which makes the
ride very rough and dangerous when accelerating out of a corner.

Cheers
Chris

At 12:01 PM 8/11/2007, jim hearn wrote:
    >Has anybody successfully addressed those bare metal Triumph accelerators?
    >was thinking of gluing on to the face of the accelerator some rubber or
    >maybe some abrasive cloth.  I thought I would see if anyone had come up
with
    >a good match here.  Jim in Sacramento

    Not a Triumph accelerator, but my Formula Ford has a small piece
    of the stuff they put on skateboard decks.  Works well to give you
    some grip.  One piece costs about $25, as I recall, but will last you
    a lifetime.

    R. John Lye

    rjl6n@cstone.net