fot

[Fot] Monterey Historics - After thoughts of a Spectator

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Monterey Historics - After thoughts of a Spectator
From: Group44TR7@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 08:57:00 EDT
The family favorite was the replica of the fabulous  Hudson Hornet - which I
think was there only as a paddock exhibit. It turns  out the car was used for
sounds and illustration purposes in  the production of the movie "Cars". Owner
was wonderful with our children  - we have pictures of all three children in
the driver seat.

   One does not go the Monterey Historics with an  expectation of seeing more
than a token number, if any, Triumph race  cars. My hat is off to the owner
of the replica TR2 racecar on a great  presentation. However, it struck me as
rather ironic that the only Triumph  bodied car accepted was that nicely
prepared and presented replica  of a famous TR2 racecar when there are a great
selection of  existing Triumph race cars with significant American racing
histories.

    Overall, another great job by General Racing to put  together a diverse
and interesting array of cars. The spectator  friendly layout of the paddock
was especially appreciated after the going on a  warm hiking expedition at Road
America; plus each car had an explanation of its  specifications and history.
Add to that the Monterey aquarium, swimming pool,  sandy beaches, etc. and you
have kids who want to go again next year. Since my  children do not like
Brats; it will be sometime before I am going to even  mention the possibility
of
another RA trip.

    Best wishes to all

CP