fot

Re: [Fot] Motor mounts, round or square?

To: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>,"'FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Motor mounts, round or square?
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 19:51:35 -0500
I bought a couple of "spare" pairs of the oversized round ones from
Cambridge.  With shipping, they ended up being about $100 a
pair.  Yikes.  I thought I had a broken motor mount but was
wrong.  I've had a pair of them in my car for 3 1/2 years with nary a
problem.  I hit the same pothole.

Pretty pricey compared to the Moss / BPNW ones, but replacing them sucks.

That said, the "little" round ones from Moss / BPNW have lasted us
much longer than 4 races.  I have no experience with the square ones.

- Tony