fot

[Fot] Engine Torque Rods & Torque Reaction Arms

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Engine Torque Rods & Torque Reaction Arms
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:35:48 EDT
FoT

Our Triumph TR4 Torque Reaction Arm is 'non-contact', from engine to frame,
until it is needed.

It is a Triumph OEM part that is available through Moss, as a reproduction
part, or directly from me.

I use stock front round mounts with no issues.  Our rear mount is solid
rubber with modified mounting plates and hardware.  The rear mount rubber
durometer
is about the equivalent of the front mounts.

Of course my TR4 #197 HP was dynoed at about 120 HP and I seldom exceed 6,000
RPM.  We apparently get no fuel foaming with the 175 Strombergs as I can run
an entire weekend without a stumble.

Joe (A)

> Joe's torque arm is probably the best solution for SU or
> Stromberg cars. Of course all this can be alleviated by using soft
> mounts for the carbs.
>
> uncle jack

   </HTML>