fot

[Fot] torque rods

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] torque rods
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 08:06:11 -0500
(Opinion) I think torque rods are a good thing for cars with Webers,
but not cars with SU's. Whenever I'm asked to help find the problem
of an SU equipped car that is breaking up at around 5000 rpm, the
first thing I check is to see how tightly the engine is tied don. If
it can't move a little bit, the natural four banger vibration is
transferred to the carbs and causes foaming and irregular fuel
supply. Joe's torque arm is probably the best solution for SU or
Stromberg cars. Of course all this can be alleviated by using soft
mounts for the carbs.

uncle jack