fot

Re: [Fot] Just poking some fun!

To: "Greg Lunker Hilyer <lunkercars@earthlink.net>; fot@autox.team.net"@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Just poking some fun!
From: <dos_gusanos@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 08:08:22 -0600
I'd only been in the drink about three minutes when Greg must have spotted my
FOT sticker on the windshield and quickly whisked me away to the nearest
petrol dump where I was able to add another red can to my collection.  I'm
sure Greg saved me from being de-nuded of my MG GOF driving cap and other
priceless motoring accessories.  Thanks again for the
rescue......................Cheers Henry  > To: fot@autox.team.net> From:
lunkercars@earthlink.net> Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 00:00:12 -0600> Subject:
[Fot] Just poking some fun!> > Worked the late shift on my new Formula Vee
tonight. Then the 45 mile > drive from shop to home. Passed some old brit car
broken down on the > shoulder. Took a hundred yards to process that - A. It's
a Triumph > B. I've got tools C. I've got a shop full of parts less than 10 >
miles away D. I can probably help. As I'm backing-up the shoulder, > I'm
thinking A. Ignition problem? B. Charging problem? C. Wheel > bearing? D. Wait
a minute, I think I know this car! Sure enough, up > walks our own Henry
Morrison. As a relative newcomer to New Mexico > [11yrs] and FoT [3mos.], I
never knew that 10pm on a monday night is > the proper time to test a TR3
sending unit. I could swear Henry was > stealing one of my old hitch-hiking
lines with "but it showed 1/4 > tank!", but realized that he was serious... he
believed 40+ year old > Lucas. Now we both know - Yes, 10pm on a monday night
IS the time to > test such things. But NO, a 40+ year old gas gauge is not to
be trusted.> Hope you understand Henry, that I'm laughing with you and not at
you, > because we've all been there. Just glad I could help. On the other >
hand, maybe that's what one gets for driving a TR to a Healey club > meeting.>