fot

Re: [Fot] All Alluminum Tour is Over

To: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>, "Steve Belfer"
Subject: Re: [Fot] All Alluminum Tour is Over
From: sgroh1@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 16:39:51 +0000
I had the great pleasure to paddock next to Bill this last weekend with my Spit
and all I can say is that if the offensive 'Vette driver had even 1/10th the
amount of class Bill has, he'd have been over to Bill's paddock immediately
with an apology.  Bill is a true sportsman and gentleman, and it is a credit to
our sport to have him in the field.  I took home a ton of positive track
experience from this weekend, but frankly I learned the most from Bill's
attitude, humor and willingness to help anyone at any moment .  Had it not been
for Bill, I would have not turned a single lap all weekend.  First he
re-threaded a replacement oil fitting on an aeroquip line for me allowing me to
make the field at all.  Then he cheerfully proceeded to answer every one of my
anxious questions over the 4 day event on tire temps, tire pressures, head
gasket leaks and camber settings, lent me his tire temp guage, and, if that
wasn't enough, he and his engineer Dave happily reinstalled the 20' awning on
 my brand new trailer that the wind ripped off while we at the Glen
re-enactment (another event I would have missed, by the way, had it not been
for Bill.)   And if if that wasn't enough, he invites my girlfriend and I over
for for a great chicken barbeque dinner Friday night!

Thanks Bill, you are truly the class of the field whether on track or off.  I'b
be honored to paddock next to you anytime.  The 'Vette driver could certainly
learn a ton from you.

Steve Groh
SVRA 393 '63 Spitfire

From: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>