fot

Re: [Fot] Press Releases for the "FoT at Watkins Glen -2008"

To: N197TR4@cs.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Press Releases for the "FoT at Watkins Glen -2008"
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 11:33:27 EDT
In a message dated 9/23/2007 11:20:34 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
N197TR4@cs.com writes:

FoT,

I am looking for someone to write a progressive series of  'press releases'
over the next 10 months...about three should do  it.

This event has some real magic associated with it.

We are  not as organized at the MG guys, but we can still look good.

Ideally,  the writer of the press release will also be an  attendee.

Thanks,

Joe Alexander

Take a look at the Elva reunion release that we just posted.

_http://www.svra.com/SVRA/SVRAHome.nsf/weblinks/EJEN-77AJFT?OpenDocument_
(http://www.svra.com/SVRA/SVRAHome.nsf/weblinks/EJEN-77AJFT?OpenDocument)

You might also look at the press releases that MGVR guys do.

To:  Friends of  MGVR

MG Vintage  Racers
Press  Release

************************************

Vintage Collier Cup MG  Race
FIVE MGs Win  Awards

   It all began in 1985 with SVRA's Collier Cup  race for  MGs at their Zippo
Vintage Grand Prix, and  it has steadily gathered momentum over the years.
At first  there was only the "Collier Cup" award for this  race, which gets
awarded to a MG racer in the race - voted by the  MG racers there - as best
representing the MG vintage racing spirit.   Then came the "Denver Cornett Jr.
Trophy" for the first overall  MG in the race, and the "T Cup" for the first
place
T  series MG in the race.  NAMGAR later added the "Bucher-Decker  Trophy" for
the first MGA.  And now to round out the awards,  this year the MG Car Club -
Western New York Center added  the "Bill Glanville Memorial Cup" for the
first MG Midget  in the race.  And Bill's widow Suzanne made its inaugural
presentation.  This is just a reflection of how popular this race has  grown
over 22
years.  And although this year's event didn't see the best  weather, that
didn't slow down the MG enthusiasm and racing.  37 MGs of all  types showed up
have a go of it this September at Watkins Glen, and  when the checkered flag
fell the honors went to the following MG  racers:

-Collier  Cup - Bill Shields, Pa,  MGB
-Denver Cornett Jr.  Trophy - John Targett, Oh,  MGB
-T Cup -  Jeff Brown, Pa, MGTD
-Bucher-Decker  Trophy - Joe Tierno, N.Y., MGA
-Bill Glanville Memorial  Cup - Gregg Kuzuhowski, N.J.,  MG Midget

John commented on receiving his trophy "I had  an  emotional reaction to
receiving Denver's Cup.  For some reason he  repeatedly use to say that he
wanted
me to win his trophy" (Denver passed away in 2006).  Gregg reflected "I was
honored to accept the Glanville trophy".   The MGTD that Jeff  raced was the
former Bob Colaizzi MG that won the first Vintage  Collier Cup in 1985.  And
Joe
Tierno's MGA is the same MGA that Bob  Bucher won the 1957 Collier Cup with
50 years ago!   It just  keeps getting better and better!

****************** end

For Immediate Release and  Publication
-Please run this article in your publication
-This press release may be edited to meet publisher's  needs
-Please forward this press release to anyone else  who might have interest in
it

Photo below is of Gregg Kuzuhowski with the  Bill Glanville Memorial Cup,
,with Suzanne Glanville, widow of Bill Glanville, next to  him.  Photo may be
used with article as long as photo credit is given:  "Pietrowicz Photo".

MG Vintage Racers
Greg Prehodka
Publicity Coordinator
September 23, 2007