fot

[Fot] TR4 Headers

To: FOT@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Fot] TR4 Headers
From: Cofrog@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 12:20:43 EDT
I am needing to replace the headers on my TR4A due to the flange thickness
on the current ones being about half the flange thickness of the intake
manifold  flange where both mount to the head.  Some tabs have been welded to
the
flange of the header where the mounting points are to accommodate the
thickness
discrepancy  But I am experiencing cracks in the intake manifold  and blame
this on the above.

I did some track time last week to test a new motor and another intake
manifold crack appeared.  I have applied some JB Weld to it and loosened  the
mounting hardware by it.  Hoping this "fix" will hold for the RMVR  event nest
weekend.  Any input?

Has anyone had any experience with the headers that the big three  sell?  Or
does anyone have a good set of headers that they want to  sell?

Thanks,

Dan Forgey