fot

Re: [Fot] Crower Carrot

To: spyderweb@uwalumni.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Crower Carrot
From: Susan Kahler <spitfiresuz@141.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 13:23:58 -0500
I took a course at the local repair shop back around 1982 that was
called "Powder Puff Mechanics" and involved such things as how to check
and change your oil and windshield washer fluid.  I don't think we ever
got to changing a tire.

When I developed and taught a similar class in Dallas from around
1997-1999, I called it "Basic Car Care for Women," and it involved
checking fluids on the students' own cars, how to "read" tires, how to
change a tire (with student participation) and how to stay safe in the
event of a problem on the road, among other things.  I feel VERY
strongly that anyone driving a car needs to know the basics about taking
proper care of it and staying safe should something happen to it.

Funny how some things come full circle...    ;)

Keep Triumphing,
Susan      :)

--
** Never argue with idiots.  They will drag you down to their level then beat
you with experience. **