fot

[Fot] Jack Wheeler is looking for alloy radiator for his TR2

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Jack Wheeler is looking for alloy radiator for his TR2
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 10:41:57 EDT
Can anyone help Jack?  What can I pass along to him? Thanks!

......my wife and I headed out yesterday in my TR-2 and met up with 2 other
couples, one in an MG-TF and the other in a TR-4.  It was one of those perfect
days, sunny, but cool!  Given the cool air temperature, I wouldn't have
expected my car to run hot.  However, when we got stuck in traffic, and had to
sit
for a few minutes, the temperature gauge started to climb.  This car has always
run hot! I don't think it has ever caused any damage, as I keep my eye on the
temp gauge, and if it gets too hot, I just turn the engine off until traffic
clears, and I can get out on an open road and get the air moving through the
radiator. Besides, these old beasts are pretty durable!

So, I've put up with this problem for 15+ years.  Enough is enough!  I've
decided to do something about it this winter.  I've already got a TR-6 fan,
which
will pull a lot more air through the radiator.  While I have the front apron
off to install the new fan, I'm also thinking about upgrading the radiator.
My current radiator is completely stock.  I had a new core installed when I
restored the car (15+ years ago), and it doesn't have a lot of miles on it
(probably less than 10,000).  Obviously, it's not quite doing the job.  What
are the
race car guys doing for radiators these days?  Does anyone make a high
efficiency aluminum radiator, that is basically the same configuration as the
stock
one, can be bolted right in, without making any modifications to the car, and
doesn't require taking a second mortgage to pay for it?  If something like
this is available, I think this is probably the answer to my cooling problem.
Do
you know of a source for a radiator like this, or do you know anyone (or
business) who I can contact, who might be able to help?

Thanks, Joe.

Jack
   </HTML>