fot

Re: [Fot]

To: DSPGTi@aol.com, Group44TR7@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot]
From: GRMTim@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 12:16:54 EDT
As a guy who races a TR3 that has been a race car sincve 1959 and is building
the Group 44 GT6 up I might actually have half a chance on winnign something
with theis idea.

Tim Suddard
Publisher; Classic Motorsports
and Grassroots Motorsports magazines
www.classicmotorsports.net
www.grassrootsmotorsports.com
Phone: (386) 673-4148 Fax: (386) 673-6040

 Is anyone familiar with the MG groups awarding of the Collier Cup at the
Zippo GP? They have their own group race like the one we will get next year.
What I know of it is that is awarded by popular vote amoung the competitors
that
goes to the driver of the car that most exemplifies the spirit and
preservation  of an original prepared MG. It almost never goes to the race
winner. It
will  sometimes be the MGTC running in the back, sometimes the an MGB running
in
the  middle maybe a Sebring GT near the front. It's about the preservation of
history  and originality that counts, not the speed.

How many times do we have to be reminded that it is all about the cars, not
who's fastest. Fastest is for SCCA, NASA, EMRA, IMSA, NASCAR etc,etc.