fot

Re: [Fot] fot emails

To: <FOT@autox.team.net>, "Mark J. Bradakis" <mark@bradakis.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] fot emails
From: "Terry Stetler" <tlizzard@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 17:50:21 -0400
A forum would be very interesting.

Terry Stetler
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mark J. Bradakis<mailto:mark@bradakis.com>
  To: FOT@autox.team.net<mailto:FOT@autox.team.net>
  Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 1:14 PM

  There are a couple of options.  You can go to the info page,
  [ http://www.team.net/mailman/lisinfo<http://www.team.net/mailman/lisinfo> ]
log in and change
  your settings.  The first thing you may want to try is setting
  your subscription to digest mode.  This collects the individual
  emails into one single message sent out about once a day.
  It may suit your needs.

  Another option is to set your address to 'no mail' which
  means that address will still be on the list as a member,
  so you can send mail to the list.  When you want to read
  what's been going on, go to the archive and browse around,
  http://www.team.net/archive<http://www.team.net/archive>
  You can read and respond to messages as desired.

  One other thing that I'll probably work on this fall is
  linking email lists to the discussion forums at
  http://www.team.net/the-local<http://www.team.net/the-local>  I tried it
with triumphs
  and british-cars a while back, I don't know if anyone
  really bothered to use it.  I never got it working quite
  right.  Messages sent to the triumphs list showed up
  as forum postings.  Postings on the british-cars forum
  were sent to the british-cars email list.  I never took the
  time to figure out how to get them both working with
  two way traffic.  Stay tuned, I may up the priority of
  that project.

  Actually I need to really go through ALL the
  Team.Net web pages to reorginise, update and improve.
  Yep, I'll get to it RealSoonNow, but first I have to get
  to work and start putting an MGC motor together!

  mjb.
stinfo/fot>