fot

Re: [Fot] Scatershield source?

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Scatershield source?
From: "James Gray" <toodamnfunky@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 19:37:53 -0600
I am collecting data on a variety of ballistic materials, Kevlar being
one of them. I intend to
fabricate my own scatter shield by lining the tunnel. I have some
inquiries out now requesting ballistic
properties and I have expalined what I intend to do. This is one company
I have inquired to.
http://www.armorco.com/shop/category.asp?catid=3
You really don't need that much material since all you need is enough to
cover the bell housing
with sufficient thickness.
I have never heard of a catastophic transmission explosion in a Triumph
but I have seen 1/2 of
a flywheel fired through the hood of an MG like it was shot out of a
cannon.
The damage done to the footwells and firewall was absolutely hair
raising.
The only reason the driver retained his right foot was the remaining
half hit the steering shaft before
it took out the gas pedal, brake lines, fuel line, misc electrical and
then penetrated the passenger side
foot well and eventually seperated the engine from the transmission
completely.
I will pass on all the info I get.
Jim Gray
RMVR # 102