fot

Re: [Fot] F1 Championship

To: "'JOSEPH HUGHES'" <tr5racer@btinternet.com>, "'Friends of Triumph'"
Subject: Re: [Fot] F1 Championship
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 16:51:52 -0700
As the Speed Channel Talking heads proclaimed, "There is a good reason why a
rookie has never won the F1 World Championship!"  In this case it was a
couple of rookie mistakes that cost Lewis the title.

The first one as you describe was at China when Lewis should have been
liking to finish in at least 5th place to lock up the title.  Instead, he
lost sight of the bigger picture and let his competitive juices overcome him
and he was trying to finish first.

The second was at today's race where he tried off the bat to get back around
Alonzo and went off the track.  I can't say, but it appears to me that
excursion may have damaged his electronics which cost him a number of places
a few laps later and ended up costing him any chance of finishing high
enough to recover the championship lead.

I am a Ferrari fan myself but I was secretly rooting for Lewis because I
think like Tiger Woods is for golf he is good for F1 and has shown that he
has the talent to be a champion.  Hopefully, he will also soon have the
maturity to complete the task.

Cheers,
Joe C.