fot

[Fot] it's a wind-up

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] it's a wind-up
From: Guyots3@wmconnect.com
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 22:16:00 EST
Kas wrote:

Although oil in "winding up" the expression is windage as in "win-dedge". It
pays to pay be aware of his circumstance.........

and

Bill Babcock wrote:

And it's pronounced windage as in blowing in the wind

Whilst I have no disagreement with either of these fine fellows, if those
(U.S.born) on this list wish to pronounce it "win-dedge", or "wind-age", or
whathaveyou-dedge, then I have no problem with that, as long as they don't make
me,
(UK born), do the same:

I will go merrily on my English way, pronouncing it "wine-didge"

"let's call the whole thing off"

Thinking about 'ropes' of oil being pulled around inside the crankcase by the
crankshaft, as it rotates at howmanyrpm?

Best wine-didge regards

Leon

   </HTML>