fot

Re: [Fot] Gas Line

To: "Allen Washatko" <awashatko@wi.rr.com>, "Friends of Triumph"
Subject: Re: [Fot] Gas Line
From: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 10:12:49 -0500
I plumbed stainless steel hard line from the fuel pump (located in the
bottom of the spare tire well next to the cell) up over the rear
bulkhead into the passenger compartment tight against the passenger side
rear inner wheel well. Then followed the inner sill up to the passenger
footwell. Under the scuttle I have a gentle 90 degree bend upward. The
line then goes through the horizontal shelf above the firewall to the
regulator, then the fuel distribution block. Flex lines to the carbs.

I didn't like the idea of naked fuel line in the passenger compartment
so I slipped the hard line into tight fitting rubber fuel hose so there
is a VERY thick insulation covering the hard fuel line. This rubber
sheath runs from the 90 degree bend under the scuttle back beyond the
steel panel that encloses the boot/fuel cell area.

BTW, I used stainless because I had it laying about from another
project. I am not sure I would buy stainless for this purpose, but it
works for me.