fot

Re: [Fot] Recommendations Needed

To: "Kramer, Robert" <RKramer@rdoequipment.com>, <GSFuqua1@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: [Fot] Recommendations Needed
From: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 13:49:59 -0800
Robert, now knowing you have the Triumph racecar, I would suggest talking to
other racers in your area and finding out what they are doing for equipment.
I have never bought any race items such as safety equipment over the
internet.  I always try to do business with a local supplier.  I buy from a
local company called Armadillo Racing and I have never checked his prices.
The reason is he shows up to at least 50% of the local races with his
trailer and gear.  Last race of this season my gloves failed tech inspection
and I was able to buy a pair from him at the race track.  If we don't
support these guys that support us at the track because we're trying to save
a few bucks, they will go away.
I've taken most of my racing equipment from my garage to use at the race
track and didn't see the need to run out and buy all new race stuff as
jacks, etc.  I would take the advice of one of the others and see if you
like before you jump into it with both feet.  A friend of mine thought he'd
like vintage racing, (he's a pilot as was his dad) and he found he was not
very fond of it and felt he was in the way of everyone, sold his car and
hasn't been back since.  He bought a car, trailer, truck, camper, jacks, gas
cans, tools, racing suit, gloves helmet, shoes and all the rest of it.
I started out autocrossing with the Jaguar club and loved it but wanted
more.  I found this was probably the easiest(and cheapest) way to go racing,
if you want to call it racing.   I took several racing classes before every
getting into a vintage race car.  This also was very helpful in getting me
interested.
What is Classic Sports Cars?
Good luck on getting started
Charly Mitchel