fot

[Fot] Joe & Dottie Richards to be Honored at Watkins Glen (TR2 TS1

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Joe & Dottie Richards to be Honored at Watkins Glen (TR2 TS1
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 16:37:33 EST
THE FOT TO HONOR THE RICHARDS AT WATKINS GLEN

In 1980 Joe Richards purchased TR2  TS1 LO and subsequently spent 18 years of
his life meticulously restoring the first TR2. Targeted by the UK at the
North America market, it featured LHD and Overdrive.

This merits our attention and respect, as Joe and his family preserved an
important part of our Triumph Racing Heritage.

The TR2 was the first low cost performance sports car that enabled the rapid
growth of our sport in North America.   Hill, Gurney, Kastner, and many more
talented racers started their careers with TR2s and TR3s.

Joe and Dottie have agreed to join us in the paddock with the number one TR2
on display. They will also be participating in activities in the Village of
Watkins Glen.

FOT Robert Smith will be working with the Richards for the transport and
display of the TR2 TS1 LO and coordinating their activities.

Press releases, on this and other FOT activities will be forthcoming by one
of our sponsors, CLASSIC MOTORSPORTS MAGAZINE.

In the meantime, please review the following link that contains pictures of
how the UK Honored the Richards in 2003 for the 50th Anniversary of the Marque.

<A
HREF="http://www.triumphregister.com/TS1%20LO%20Returns%20Home%20to%20Britain.html";>www.triumphregister.com/TS1%20LO%20Returns%20Home%20to%20Britain.html</A>

Regards,

Joe Alexander