fot

[Fot] GPS Products

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] GPS Products
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 10:30:02 EST
Amici...

I've been interested in obtaining a GPS system for long tows and traveling,
but recently wife Shirley has suggested I've already spent way too much this
year on toys and related.  So I waited.  This is now a new year, and I've not
spent anything...yet.  So I am out looking.  I seem to be leaning towards a
Garmin-NUVI200 GPS (Model 010-00621-10/SKU 8286516) available at Best Buy for
$249.99.  I've also considered the TomTom One XL-S which seems similar, albeit
about $50 more.  I am interested in 'directions and maps'.  Other features like
telephone attachments, MP3, video capacity, etc., are of little interest to me.

I would value hearing any strong feelings from FOT listers on GPS systems.
Please contact me off list, so we don't bore the others.

Bill Dentinger