fot

Re: [Fot] GPS Products

To: <Gt6steve@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] GPS Products
From: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 08:16:03 -0800
Ok, I already did privately.

I bought a Garmin Nuvi in Wisconsin on the first leg of the All Aluminum Tour
when I got lost trying to find Elkhart Lake. I figured it would pay for itself
in diesel saved. It's done better than that. I got the cheapest one because I
also didn't need MP3, cupholder or massage unit. My wife has a super-expensive
GPS system in her Bentley with five or six CDs of supporting data. It sucks by
comparison to the Nuvi. Better directions, better features, etc., etc. And you
can stick it in your pocket and take it from vehicle to vehicle and even on
your bicycle (though an iPhone with google maps is way better for finding
stuff when you're on a bicycle or walking).