fot

Re: [Fot] GPS and one caution

To: "Jerry Barr" <jerrybarr@charter.net>, "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] GPS and one caution
From: "Fred & Carolyn Easton" <benchmarkmap@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 11:33:07 -0600
As a another word of caution, we purchased a Garmin Nuvi 700 series from
Best Buy only to find out you cannot navigate to a programmed destination
and view your speed at the same time.  You can view speed if you don't
navigate.  With our TR6 having different tires, OD transmission, and
infinity diff, our Speedo is, to say the least, inaccurate.  We were
planning on the mph aspect of the gps unit being a help.

We decided to take this back to Best Buy and were informed of the 15%
restock fee.  This amounted to $105!!!!