fot

[Fot] GPS and one caution

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] GPS and one caution
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 10:46:32 -0600
Several of us bought Magellans last year on eBay. Really cheap, work
great, didn't need instructions to learn (important factor for us old
guys). It has a few shortcomings but nothing major. We love them and
the eBay purchasing experience worked well, the units were new in box
and $50 cheaper than even Best Buy.

In retrospect I'd purchase a unit that has updated maps available on
the internet for downloading.

and, oh yes -- you may want to talk to your best friend in a local
police department about theft. These are a prime target if left in
the car, and all it takes is a busted window to get it. And the
thieves are pretty clever -- if they spot the ring left on the
windshield in the former location of the suction cup, they may break
in and search for the unit you hid under the seat. park under a street light.

uncle jack