fot

Re: [Fot] steroid use

To: JWoesvra@aol.com, spreiss@verizon.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] steroid use
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 12:05:29 EST
In a message dated 01/04/2008 10:24:19 AM Central Standard Time,
JWoesvra@aol.com writes:

> My opinion on this is that it is way beyond the scope of enforcement in the
>
> Vintage Community.
>
> It is also way beyond what I would call "in the Spirit of Vintage  Racing".

Jack...

I agree with Bill Babcock's comments on this issue.

Hammered Lifter Syndrome!  I suspect, working with Ken Gillanders/BFG, we may
have been among the first to use those FORD lifters in one of our engines.  I
think I recall our mechanic, Kevin Potter, also stumbled on the 'freeze em
first' way to make them fit.  But for sure our decision to use them was because
we could no longer get good NOS lifters.  The crap we were getting from China
and India (etc) was worthless.

Bill Dentinger