fot

Re: [Fot] Spitfire Heads 1147 vs. 1296

To: "'Barr, Scott'" <sbarr@McCarty-Law.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Spitfire Heads 1147 vs. 1296
From: "Clark W. Nicholls" <cwn74@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 17:36:35 -0500
You can also tell by the number of head studs.
1296 and 1500 have 10
1147 have 11

If the 6 port head is bolted on it is a 1147 engine
If not bolted on and the block has 11 studs it is a 1147 block

To answer your question, yes (almost, as do the 948's).

Clark
Clark W. Nicholls
'72 Stag '74 Spitfire
"Reality... It's not what you think."