fot

Re: [Fot] Spitfire Heads 1147 vs. 1296

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Spitfire Heads 1147 vs. 1296
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@McCarty-Law.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 16:46:11 -0600
<<What is the serial number prefix? >>

Blank, unfortunately.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Curry [mailto:spitlist@cox.net]
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 4:38 PM
To: Barr, Scott; fot@autox.team.net

That is correct for the production engines.  There were some 8-port
heads made for the Lemans and other works cars with the 1147, and I
assume some were also sold as upgrades.  I don't know if there have been
any made after that.  They would be quite dear in either case.
If it has a 6 port head it can't possibly be anything larger than a 1147
(unless it has been bored out).

What is the serial number prefix?  That should tell you everything you
need.

Joe C.