fot

[Fot] Looking to Sift the memories of the original FP spitfire

To: Friends <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Looking to Sift the memories of the original FP spitfire
From: Scott Cypher <spitfireracer@xsmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 22:48:05 -0500
I have a few race prepared 1500 cranks from the FP days when my car
was raced in the early 90's.
2 of them have a tapered snout, and the woodruff keyway extended out
to the nose.
The cam gear mounting appears unaffected (still flat)

Does anyone have idea what the intent of this taper would have been?
Harmonic Damper from another make/model?
Cog-belt pulley?

I wanted to find out before I went and had something custom made, if
there was an off-the shelf component used.

Thanks

-Scott Cypher
spitfireracer@xsmail.com
SCCA #57 HP Spitfire 1500 #362573
Reading, PA
http://gallery.mac.com/srcypher

Shipwright's Disease.   Its a nasty affliction, particularly when
owns a british car.  Then it can never be cured.