fot

Re: [Fot] Show and Shine & Triumph Values

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Show and Shine & Triumph Values
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 22:05:19 EST
In a message dated 2/29/2008 5:25:02 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
spreiss@verizon.net writes:

>  It's interesting how time changes your surroundings. I remember back in  my
> University days (70-74) being paid $50 to drag off non-running  TRs.

Sigh...I still remember paying a local tow outfit $25 to bring me the free
TR4 a friend was giving me. Yeah, the body was pretty rusty, but it was an
almost fully-optioned car: wire wheels, Michelin X tires, overdrive.  Conifer
with red interior. Only thing missing from the option list was the  hardtop. I
parted it out. (This was the mid-1970s....) Actually, I might have  made the
right decision, since the body literally folded in half when I removed  it from
the chassis. Still....

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and  Triumph Herald
Database: _http://triumph-herald.us_ (http://triumph-herald.us/)

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)