fot

Re: [Fot] TR4-6 trans into TR3

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4-6 trans into TR3
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 12:07:37 -0800
> A friend wants to upgrade his street TR3 to later all synchro gbx
> Any problems in doing this??

My post TS-6000 has a TR4 overdrive gearbox.  About all I recall doing
is elongating the rear mounting holes and using the TR3 shift leaver in
the TR4 gearbox. You will need the next length longer bolts at the
bottom of the bell housing because the lip on the TR4 transmission is
wider then on the TR3 transmission. This will also require you to
readjust the clutch slave cylinder rod.

  I've no experience with the TR6 box.  The gearbox mounts are farther
to the rear than the TR4's mounts. You would need to bend down the
flange on the TR3's cross member and drill new holes.

Teriann