fot

Re: [Fot] webbers 40 dcoe

To: awashatko@wi.rr.com, 19to1tr6@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] webbers 40 dcoe
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 19:32:38 EDT
Allen is it from all the carbs or just one?  If you are running  brass floats
check them for holes.  The modern additives eat the solder and  sink the
floats.  Immerse them in hot water and watch for bubbles to check  for leaks.

If all the carbs, then definitely replace the regulator...

> On  a pre season start  up check for gas leaks I am  finding   a fair
> amount of
> raw fuel from the pump jet  dripping into the throat. Will to much fuel
> pressure cause this? The  pump jet washer does not look great and seems
> to be
> made of  aluminum. The washers all look to be in the same condition.
> Does  the
> pump jet cover push down on the pump jet and seat it into the carb.
> body?
> Needle and seat are 2 years old and everything was  running fine 8
> months ago.
> I believe the float adj. is correct  but has not been checked today
> The fuel pressure has not been   changed sense last season but the
> gauge is
> busted and I am on  my way out to get a replacement.  Could the fuel psi
> regulator  given up?  It was last adjusted for 3lbs .Any suggestions
> would  be
> great   thanks   rob
>
> You are subscribed as  awashatko@wi.rr.com

Jody & Allen Washatko