fot

Re: [Fot] wheel studs

To: spreiss@verizon.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] wheel studs
From: malaboge@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 11:35:27 -0400
FOTer's-

I'm sure plenty of us are olde enuf to recall the original Trans Am cars.? They
utilized lug nuts on their Minilites that were about three inches in length and
had the octagonal nut extending about two and a half of those inches.?
Unfortunately, they are only threaded about one inch inside, but I have been
able to chuck those puppies up in a lathe and cut the outside diameter down to
whatever I needed for the OD (within reason) to fit the wheels.? If you are
running any type of spacer behind the wheel, you can?shorten it just enough to
make the length so that it will just approach the?hub.? They are open at the
other end so whatever length stud you use can stick out.?They are still being
produced.? I'm not in the shop, but ISTR that the company is in southern Cal.?
Works slick!?

On a new bag of cotton balls...is the top one meant to be thrown away?