fot

[Fot] sump problems

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] sump problems
From: "Steven Preiss" <spreiss@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 16:05:29 +1100
In the process of replacing the pan gasket on my TR3 I noticed that there is a
drop of coolant that repeatedly collects on the left rear main cap bolt head.
Does this signal a head gasket problem? Compression in that and all cylinders
is in the 150 lb range. I do not want to pull the head at this point if it can
be safely avoided. Don't mind changing the oil again within a shorter than
normal interval, but I really want to drive the car this week. The main cap
bolts are all torqued to 80 ft/lbs as listed in the manual.
Also, I noticed that the metal screen filter on the oil pump pickup has torn
loose from the spot where it was soldered to the pickup tube. There is now a
hole in the screen about the size of a lima bean. Does anyone have an extra of
these filters that they would be willing to send me right away for a
reasonable price?
Many thanks
Steve P.