fot

Re: [Fot] motor mounts

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] motor mounts
From: Gary Schneider <garygret@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 07:14:35 -0700 (PDT)
On my TR4 the bell housing is so close to the firewall that the back of the
trans has to drop before the engine can go up. Check for the top of the bell
housing hitting the tunnel. If the engine won't even rock the inch to free one
side's mount, you may need to remove the rear trans mount.
Also if sitting on the tires, lifting up a ~600# lump of iron unloads the
suspension so much the car comes up inches from that alone.
Hope this helps.
Gary Schneider