fot

[Fot] bent pushrod

To: "Richard Taylor" <tarch@bellsouth.net>
Subject: [Fot] bent pushrod
From: "Steven Preiss" <spreiss@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 19:06:12 +1100
I would try to determine why the pushrod wandered off the rocker. One
possibility is that it became fatigued and bent during the race. I know that
the earlier narrow ones were upgraded in diameter because they tended to bend.
In that case I would replace them all with new ss ones. Or perhaps it was
adjusted too loose and wandered (or tight, and bent).
Either way, I would not think it wise to race on a once bent pushrod. Seems
like that would be asking for disaster after having miraculously avoided it!
Steve P.