fot

[Fot] Suppose you were building a motor for your favorite sunday

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Suppose you were building a motor for your favorite sunday
From: "mark eginton" <markconsultation@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 10:29:11 -0400
Curious what people are happy with in a aggressive street TR3 motor for your
favorite Sunday street car? This car won't idle much, Upstate NY back roads
- Infrequent Track "club events" and autocross for fun, but no fender to
fender racing.

Specifically: is the TR4 head worth going to, I have plenty of TR3 heads,
would rather have the shelf space unless it makes a significant difference.
I may do some port matching but that's about it unless.

TR4A Cam or "D" Cam - have new old stock D cam from dads old stash.

Probably 87mm pistons kits from BP NW...

Pump gas and today's grade premium; what head thickness or compression ratio
can I get away with.

Anyone got a rebuildable limited slip pumpkin in their stash; I accidently
threw one out when I broke a tooth street racing back in my teenage daze -
took me years to figure out why the car did not powerslide any more; live
and learn.

Any other thoughts, I have a lot of toys that I have to peanut-butter across
my discretionary funds; time is a little less of an issue.

I accidentally sent a message meant for Joe to the group - apologies.

Looking forward to placing faces with email names and handles to many of you
this fall.

Loving spring!!!

Mark