fot

Re: [Fot] alternatives to the SCCA?

To: Steven Preiss <spreiss@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] alternatives to the SCCA?
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 13:11:46 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 2 Jun 2008, Steven Preiss wrote:

> I seem to play with mine in the garage more than anywhere else.(!) Don't
> really have sufficient resources at the present to build and campaign a
> fully prepped race car. I just want to get the thing out on a track and get
> the blood pumping.

Exactly. That's my "plan", as it were.

> Anyone had any experience running vintage cars in SCCA Solo 2?

Why yes, I do.

My TR6 is basically prepared to the '72 SCCA GCR except that my "cage"
ties the front and rear of the car. Everything else was done so it can be
reversed to STOCK if I wanted to sell the car as a vintage car. So, I
currently run glass fenders, I can remove them and install steel in about
one hour and be completely legal. Wait - the bonnet takes a bit more time.
Make that 3 hours, tops.

FWIW, SCCA does not use the term Solo 2 anymore. It's just Solo.

> Steve P.
> spreiss@verizon.net

regards,
rml